Friday 10 July 2015

Confident with your deodorant?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I've had a love and hate relationship when it comes deodorant. Dove deodorant was a clear favourite of mine in school and still is but wasn't heavy duty enough at times. I was also not very happy with the hyper-pigmentation under my arms and thought that if I applied a more effective deodorant, I wouldn't have to apply as much product reducing the amount of build up on skin. I stupidly started testing out a heavy duty anti-perspirant which caused me to have a severe allergic reaction to the point where what ever ingredients that were inside said deodorant, actually burnt my skin. Stupidly because I disregarded the fact that my underarms are sensitive and should have started on a more moderate anti-perspirant. I should have seen the signs - the painful feeling when applying and the red rash left behind and despite the such symptoms, I still continued to use it hoping it would get better.

I started using natural deodorants while my underarms were healing and found some great ones but they still did not address my issues of keeping perspirant at bay which is important to me especially when excising. I heard great things from Michum and I felt I was ready to start using a normal deodorant again I picked one up. I was pleasantly surprised on how well it worked. It's a deodorant that you feel comfortable using when you're running after your bus in the sweltering sun where in normal circumstances you're just like, oh no I'm going to sweat bad. Sometimes when I've even forgot to apply deodorant that morning, the application the night before is sufficient enough for me to be like, I'm alright.


When I'm exercising now, I am comforted with the fact that I'm working up a healthy sweat rather than a gross smelling one. Having that comfort allows me put that extra effort in, having the confidence that you're in control of your body. Apart from that, I find that the deodorant has a pleasant clean smell that isn't ridden with an overload of the scent of talcum powder which I absolutely detest in most cream like deodorants. I do want to reiterate the Michum deodorant I am talking about is the yellow coloured one called the Mitchum pure fresh deodorant. I bought the pink coloured one thinking it would be similar but completely missed the fact that it said "powder". I really can't get passed the scent of it to the point where even my mum encouraged me to throw it out saying it smells like 'cheap perfume'. Some people might like the smell, I have a friend who actually likes the smell of talcum powdered deodorant but each to their own.

So, what what deodorant works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment