Saturday 11 July 2015

Cleansers for teenagers

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I think the most important step in your skincare routine is cleansing. I love double cleansing and usually use the hot cloth method. I have looking into cleansers for oily skin because my brother has been getting acne breakouts. I don't really believe in foaming cleansers but I thought I'd try one. I needed to find something that would be simple and effective for my siblings to use. I heard great things from the Paula's Choice range so I thought I'd get the skin balancing oil reducing cleanser from the range.
I found that that this cleanser was a little too stripping for my skin. I think that because it's in a foam, it's more dying for my skin - when I mean drying I don't mean significantly but just enough to feel like I need to moisturise immediately to counteract the dryness. When I asked my brother what he thought of it, he said it was fine but I think his skin is oilier than mine. The cleanser effectively takes off my my makeup but leaves my eyes a little sensitive if I'm not careful when washing my face. Sensitive where my eyes actually do sting but keep in mind that my eyes are generally very sensitive so it's not unusual for a product to have that effect on me. Other than that, if someone is looking for an great cleanser, and maybe has oily skin - this could be for you. 


I think that the Kiehl's ultra facial cleanser felt like it was halfway between a milk and a foam cleanser. The cleanser did sting my eyes the same way the Paula's Choice cleanser did but didn't leave my skin feeling tight. While both Paula's cleanser is the same price as the Kiehl's, you have to pay for shipping for with Paula's because it is only available online.


I received the La Roche-Posay Effaclar foaming gel in a set with the Effaclar Duo and Effaclar Clarifying Moisturising Lotion Toner. This cleanser is my favourite out of the three cleansers. I think it's because it hasn't stung my eyes yet and it very gentle effectively cleaning my face without stripping it. 

All of the cleansers are not heavily scented which is great. I think that all these cleansers are great - you just need to consider your skin type and what is suitable for you. What cleansers do you like to use?  

No comments:

Post a Comment